Dabbing is a somewhat difficult process at first, but if you know what you’re doing, it will soon be simple. This information will teach you how to take a dab so that your first attempt turns out well.
Wax dabs, to put it another way, are sticky and should only be handled with a clean dab tool. If you don’t listen to this warning and attempt to use the wax with your hands, you’ll wind up with a gloopy mess. Although purest shatter is widely regarded as the most unadulterated form of dab on the market, more sappy wax may contain substantial amounts of THC or CBD.
Dabbing is the practice of vaporizing cannabis concentrates while they are applied to a heated surface and inhaled rather than smoked. These concentrates (you’ve undoubtedly heard of shatter, wax, BHO, oil, etc.) are considerably more powerful.
Cannabis dab wax is a semi-opaque, pliable material that becomes transparent after being scraped from the cannabis plant. As a result of previous agitation, its molecules crystallize. Furthermore, owing to its uneven molecular density, light cannot penetrate it, resulting in a more solid and non-transparent oil.
Wax is a highly complicated substance. Wax may alter consistency drastically depending on the heat, texture of the oil, and amount of moisture present. Thin oils are frequently utilized to make “Budder Wax” because they generate gooier and more dense oils.
It’s not for the faint of heart, as wax, also known as “dabs,” is extremely concentrated and powerful, making it unsuitable for novices. Many people who want to get this item smoke or vaporize it, although it may also be consumed in other ways. If you’re going to create your own wax, a simple bong will enough. However, if you buy the product from a store, a basic bong should sufficient.
Many people use cannabis essential oil as a pain-relieving agent. A blow torch, pipe, and nail (a tiny metal plate attached to the pipe’s bang) are frequently utilized. The flame heats the nail before adding the dose of wax to be “dabbed” or inhaled. This generates a vapor-and-smoke mixture with a high THC concentration.
DIY Wax – the Solvent-Free Way
Take a look at these easy instructions for making wax at home. The fundamental concept behind all types of rosin manufactured in this manner is heating and pressing. If you have access to a good rosin press, you’re lucky; you don’t need to follow the process below! 2 grams (some say 5 – 7 g) of cannabis is needed to make your own cannabis wax in this way. You’ll need a flat iron, oven mittens, a razor blade, and an unwrinkled parchment paper in half. Hair straighteners may be used instead of flat irons if desired.
- Turn on the flat iron and set the temperature to between 250 and 300 degrees Fahrenheit (121-149 degrees Celsius).
- Split the 2 grams into four nuggets and flatten them for better effects. Fold your nonsticky parchment in half and position your bud in the middle. Using both hands, iron the nugget for 3 seconds about.’
- You may consume the stems, infuse them with THC, or extract canna oil from them. (And you don’t need to decarboxylate it; simply leave the remaining buds in coconut or olive oil for a week or two and strain out the plant material.) You may also use the leftover buds to make edible cannabis products or cannabidiol.
You may also make a comparable product type as above by combining kief with rosin/hash. All you have to do is:
- Place the kief on the paper. Roll up the parchment to make it flat. Using a newspaper, roll it up tightly. (Damp rather than soaking is fine.)
- Place the rolled-up parchment-newspaper on a low heat iron and press to seal.
- Turn the parchment-newspaper strip over, heating and pressing on each side with an iron for a few minutes until it is dry.
- After the newspaper has dried, unwrap it to reveal a tiny piece of rosin.
What dab tools are needed?
When it comes to learning how to utilize a dab rig, bear in mind that dabbing technology is progressing. The traditional set up includes the following components:
- A Dab rig is a type of water pipe that looks like a bong but has a nail attachment.
- The nail is a small, medical-grade steel tube that sits above the joint between your glass and bowl. It’s used to hold the concentrate as well as seal it in place at the top of the bong. Today, quartz beakers are popular, which have a bucket design. Ceramic and titanium are other alternatives, as well as e-nails, which are becoming more frequent. Make sure you get the correct joint size for your dab rig: if it has a 14mm stem, you’ll need a 14mm nail; otherwise, you’ll need one of each. Nails can be either male or female; they must be used with corresponding rigs (male nail for female rig).
- A Dabber is a tool used to apply the concentrate to your nail. They can either be metal, glass, or ceramic, and come in a variety of forms: ballpoint, needlepoint, scoop, spoon, paddle, and so on. Choose a form based on the concentrate’s texture and consistency.
- The carb cap is a one-piece piece that fits over the heating element. Although not essential, we recommend using one of these to help control the airflow. Combination dabber/carb caps are becoming more popular.
- Mini-torches may be used for crème brulee because of their small size. However, you’ll need propane for them. E-nails are becoming increasingly popular (but pricey), eliminating the need for a torch entirely.
- Extracts from the plant cannabis are often referred to as. These come in a variety of forms, but the most frequent ones used for dabbing are shatter, wax, BHO, and solventless extracts like rosin.
- Dab mat. To clean your dabbing surface without leaving it sticky.
- To make sure you heat your nail up regularly, dampen it after each dab.
IS WAX SUPERIOR TO OTHER DABS?
However, wax is the best middle ground when it comes to flavor, simplicity of usage, consistency, and potency. Many of the other choices start out too far in one direction. Wax, on the other hand, can be made at home and is more simple to handle than cannabis oil. As a result, it’s considerably more approachable for dabbers who are new to consuming extracts.
Making cannabis wax is considerably safer than making other types of concentrate. Although concentrating disasters are common in the media, creating cannabis wax has a very low danger of causing harm. The main threat when producing DIY marijuana wax is isopropyl alcohol. You will be just fine if you avoid drinking it or handling it near an open flame.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE WEED WAX
- 1l of isopropyl alcohol
- 3x freezer-proof container
- Fine metal sieve
- Unbleached coffee filters
- Medium-sized pan
- 2.5 grams of marijuana (strain choice is a matter of personal preference)
- Ovenproof dish
- Small mason jar
Before putting them in the oven, break the buds apart with your hands. 20 minutes at 93°C/200°F is all it takes to cook them in an ovenproof dish.
Transfer the partially baked buds to one of the freezer-proof containers and both in the freezer for five hours.
After 5 hours in the freezer, remove both items and pour the 100% proof alcohol over them while swirling gently for 20 seconds to ensure they are fully immersed. The liquid should be approximately 3cm higher than the tips of your buds.
Using a second freezer-proof container, strain the alcohol/marijuana combination through a fine metal sieve. The plant material can be removed. Now that we’ve got the liquid, it’s time to concentrate on it.
Remove the fruit from the second container and add it to the third. In a large strainer, strain the liquid one more time using unbleached coffee filters. Making use of a funnel with coffee filters saves time. After wringing out the coffee filters into the container,
We’re going to need to remove the alcohol now that we’ve got a strong concentrate. There are three ways to accomplish it, starting with the most time-consuming and working our way down.
- Leave the container alone for several days to let the alcohol evaporate naturally.
- To speed up the process, place the container in a shallow pan of warm water.
- Simmer for at least 30 minutes, or until the liquid is reduced by half. Continue with the recipe above, but instead of simmering, heat the shallow pan on medium heat until the alcohol evaporates. Make sure that no boiling occurs when cooking with alcohol.
Place the remaining wax in a small, airtight mason jar once the alcohol has evaporated. You’ve just completed your first extract.